Gua Sha translates in english to “scraping the pain away" and has been practiced in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years.
Using a gua sha in your skincare routine improves facial skin tone, enhances skin elasticity and makes you look younger, more firmed and healthier.
Besides improving the overall health and radiance of the skin, gua sha has a multitude of benefits.
-Improves blood circulation.
-Reduces puffiness and inflammation of the skin
-Firms and lifts the skin over time
-Natural face life: more defined jaw line & cheek bones
How to use:
- Hold your gua sha with the curved side to your face. Gently glide it gently up and out, starting with the neck. Make sure you’re stroking down the neck, never upwards, to drain fluid.
- Next move onto your jawline, chin and around the mouth, stroking the skin between three and five times per area. Always take short strokes in just one direction, not back and forth. If you want to reduce puffiness, work lightly, then more firmly, to relax muscles.
- Pressing the tool flat to the skin, next delicately stroke under the eyes or over any redness, to soothe and de-puff.
- Finally, work the tool in small horizontal strokes over the brow bone to lift, or hold and press upwards between the brows to release tension.
- For best results, use for 3 to 5 minutes daily.
- For additional anti-inflammatory benefits, place in the fridge or run under cold water before use.
- Gently wipe clean and pack away safely after use.
- Store in a clean, cool and dry place.
- Do not leave in a wet area.